Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm back and it's a new decade...

They say that love hits you when you least expect it. I'm calling their bluff. I've been sitting by living life and enjoying being single, and nothing has happened. I say if you want something, go out and get it. So that's what I'm going to do.

Since the break up date right before the beginning of the crazy holiday season, I have been avidly working it on TWO on-line dating sites. I've exchanged e-mails with a few here and there. I did go on a date with one fella who was nice, but I didn't feel the same sparks in person as I did when we e-mailed back and forth. He seems to have faded from my on-line/e-mail dating world, and I'm not really missing him, so that says something right there.

I also got slapped with the karma stick pretty badly. One potential suitor was a little aggressive on trying to meet up. He barely gave me enough time to respond to an e-mail before he sent another one. This started before the holidays and my gut was telling me to not bother. I decided to nip it in the bud when I got back from vacay, but you can't just say, my gut says you might be a creep! So, I lied. I told him I had re-connected with someone over the holidays and we were going to date exclusively. I wished him luck on his search and then "un-friended" him, if you will, so he could no longer contact me through the site.

Around the same time, I was talking to another guy --- we'll call him Don. Don and I exchanged a few e-mails and then one night we chatted on the phone. We had some things in common and he seemed like a nice, fun guy. We decided to meet on Friday of the next week for dinner -- it was a date. Four days later I get this on my dating site e-mail inbox:

"Hi. I can't meet up with you on Friday. I've been on a few dates with someone else and we decided to be exclusive. Good luck to you. Best, D"

Wow... Talk about INSTANT KARMA! Surely, he was telling the truth... right?

Honesty is still the best policy. Something to remember as we all venture into this new decade. New Year, New Decade.... New Love. Keeping my fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment