Date #1: Met Jay at nearby restaurant/bar. I'm detoxing (i.e. no alcohol) for the month of January. Jay seems to have no problem with this. This is evident in that he has no problem drinking 6 pints of beer through the course of our date, while I match him glass for glass with H2O. Jay gets a little buzzed and I'm completely stone-cold sober. He tells me all about his growing up, his career in the military, the different careers he's had, etc. I notice that Jay is more of an extrovert than I thought he was as he also brings people around us into the conversation. As the date comes to an end, I notice that I wish Jay would stop talking.
This is not good.
I'm thinking I shouldn't see Jay again. A good friend of mine suggests I give him a second chance, so I do.
Date #2: Jay is 30 minutes late meeting me at the subway. ugh.. this is not good, as I am kind of a freak about punctuality. We take the train together to the spot I picked out. The date starts off pretty normal. Jay has 2 glasses of wine and by the end of the date he's also polished off his fourth beer. 6 seems to be his lucky number (or not). He also made a joke about me paying the bill since he picked up dinner last time.
Jay's a talker, that's for sure. He can go on and on. He also seems to have no filter. We disagreed on a pretty big topic, and it was all downhill from there. Then he was just annoying. I paid the tab and hailed my own cab home. Another one bites the dust.
Better luck next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment