Now, to his credit, he was totally up front and honest about this certain unavailability. I went through my own stages of dealing with it:
"Maybe he is just saying that, but really, deep down inside, he wants to be in a relationship with me"
"He clearly has been so hurt, that this is just his way of saying he wants me to save him"
Yes, I know. In the real world, we call this DENIAL. As a woman who has had her share of unsuccessful relationships, you'd think I'd approach this with a been there, done that attitude, but it was just not possible with this guy.
What could possibly keep me in such a dysfunctional relationship (if you could even call it a relationship?). Yep... SEX.
Wow. Great sex. This is not a blog about sex, but if it was, I would just go on and on at this point.
But it's not.
So, sadly, I won't.
This is about dating - or lack thereof.
So, one night, I was chatting with a friend who knew of my non-relationship and he just flat out said, "Your pipeline is clogged. You have a big fish in your pipeline and he is using up all your emotional capital".
Seriously? This guy was totally right. It's not rocket science that a wonderfully satisfying physical yet dysfunctional relationship with a totally uncommitted guy would distract you from finding love, but that's exactly what I was doing. I had clogged my own pipeline!
It was time to flush it all out and get things moving...
No comments:
Post a Comment